In my years of experience working with Corporate leaders, I’ve developed a strong belief that companies gain the most return on their coaching investment when they focus resources on their top talent. You may refer to them as HIPOs (High Performers or High Potentials). I also like to think of them as Corporate Outliers of the best kind.
I absolutely love working with these people. They are so intrinsically motivated that, once they have clarity about where they need to make behavioral changes, they experience profound insights and growth.
So, how do you tell if you’re a Corporate Outlier?
Let me describe some incredible clients to you. See if you recognize yourself anywhere.
- You’re often at least two steps ahead of others in anticipating problems and divining solutions.
- Some people are intimidated by your quick thinking and abrupt communication style.
- You’re unwilling to settle for ‘good enough’. You have high standards and are willing to invest time and energy in developing brilliant performance.
- You‘re allergic to the status quo and recognize that reality is constantly changing. You believe that if you don’t adapt your business & your skills, your business (and you) will cease to be relevant.
“You’re either growing or dying—there’s no in-between.”
- Sometimes others assume that you care more about results than people. What they may not realize is [Read more...]