- Do your managers need to get work done with employees in remote offices?
- Are your managers concerned that work conducted by others may not be completed as needed?
- Do your managers avoid potentially uncomfortable conversations with their colleagues in a virtual environment or make costly mistakes when they do?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, we designed our Communicating Across Networks (CAN) webinar series for you.
We’re BrillianceInc. and our Communicating Across Networks (CAN) webinar series helps managers and individual contributors deliver results skillfully in a virtual business environment. Delivered over three 90-minute webinars, the workshop provides your managers with powerful insights and practical tools to help them communicate effectively with their employees, colleagues, and clients. Your employees join one webinar a week for three weeks, providing them opportunities between the sessions to hone their skills in real-work situations.
Here’s what your managers and individual contributors can accomplish with our CAN webinar series:
- Awareness of their strengths and potential derailers as a virtual communicator to get things done with more ease
- Strategies for conducting effective conversations across distances to build trust and agreement
- An understanding of how to evoke brilliant performance through conversation to communicate with skill in any situation
- Tools to inspire engagement, trust, and performance that they can apply immediately and model skills in action for their team
- Insights into how to build stronger working relationships in a virtual environment
- Pre-Work: 180° Assessment from direct reports or colleagues regarding communication skills
- Webinars: Three 90-minute webinars conducted over three weeks
- One-on-One Coaching Session: To tailor an optimal action plan for development
- Post Program Group Teleconference: Review concepts and share successes and challenges
To learn more about our Communicating Across Networks webinar series, join us for our upcoming “Group Coaching Overview” call.
If you have any questions or would like to arrange a one-on-one call to learn more, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at (510) 832-1232